Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

To All:

Can one truly be inspired by a single kind word or thoughtful gesture? You bet your bottom dollar they can! I say thank you to so many! To Peter B: you have taught me so much and been such a wonderful friend, boss man, and teacher. I thank you for allowing me to meet your beautiful wife and family. You are such a fantastic and exceptional person. I can honestly say you remind me of no one for you are that unique! Pete: I took up golf and am getting rather good (I have a personal coach). Be prepared if we meet in good weather for I am bringing my clubs.

Reaching back into the memory bag, Vinny was a later addition to my adventure. I am so excited to have such awesomeness. And of course, Vinny, you never cease to amaze me! I will be visiting my sister up in Bainbridge Island sometime in the early summer so keep your calendar open. Let it be known that I am inviting myself to meet your family – to include your little Chihuahua. 

Any way you slice it, knowing the adventurous Steve-O has been anything but ordinary. The laughter that always follows a conversation with you, Steve is something I miss. You are definitely one person that never fails to enjoy every minute of every day! I saw the pictures from Thanksgiving and WOW…I can only imagine you and your brother in the same room. Miss you!

Virtually every day, a person is blessed with new people. Some enter and some exit your life before you are ready. I had one heck of a year with you guys. I wish at times that my marriage had succeeded but then I talk to one of you and learn something new about myself. I lost a lot of what I used to be over the past few years while married to someone. What would start out as an opinion I had would eventually turn to whatever he wanted. Each and every time I did such, I lost a piece of myself; turning into something that I did not want to be. And a place I did not want to go.

Each one of you has given me the opportunity and knowledge to go forward. T-hoe: what can I say? You saw me at my lowest point and handled it rather well. Thank you for being a mentor and a friend. You have taught me so much and I know I will learn more from you.

Reaching back into the forgotten me has been so much fun! I have friends for life from my first duty station, made friends into family while in Korea, and am making some good ones here in Illinois. I may not have mentioned you by name but you all know who you are. Thank you, thank you, and thank you! 2008 was a rollercoaster ride for me. 2009 will be one of adventure, new things, and a familiar name. Go back through my words, look at the first letter of the first work of each paragraph, and you will learn my new name. To be changed after a TDY in February so prepare for a new me with a little of the old me…the good thing: you all know me as me. I was never anything different but I will grow. Have a wonderful New Year celebration and I look forward to many more fun-filled events over the course of 2009!!!! Love you and miss you all!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very very nicely done..Knowing how you are, it probably only took you a minute to figure out exactly how you wanted to lay that out. Not saying i took a min to write it all, just lay it out, you were probably giggling at the end saying "I wonder if they will see it before they read the last paragraph" then giggling again knowing you have just written and AWESOME piece that will TOUCH everyone who reads it !!

THANK YOU ...

Welcome back Leasa Marie Craver !!!

Leasa Marie said...

You know me too well. I did chuckle slightly wondering if y'all would notice beforehand.

CKG playlist