Monday, September 22, 2008

Giddy New Single Woman!

While I remain in a stressful place I am not stressed. My cousin said to me the other day, “Tough times never last, tough people do.” And is he so right!

I went out last week with some new friends. It was a group “date” and I was very nervous. I haven’t been nervous when going out with new friends in years! But it was the best time I had since I arrived in Illinois. How interesting it is to be single and “out there” in that scene. In our younger years, it was different to be single and looking for whatever came along. Now that I have gained a few years, I see so much more now.

I played pool – horribly – and hung out. Of course, we were at a sports bar so I wore my awesome NY Yankee jersey. To my delight – and surprise – one gentleman in our group is a die hard cubs fan. What fun it was to NOT be a hater and enjoy the friendly banter of sports talk.

I for course, say thank you to Rockey for “educating” me on sports. We even spoke of the hockey game in October of which the Detroit Red Wings will be coming to St. Louis. That should be an interesting and fun adventure.

Adam, you will be ecstatic to know my new friends are EOD. So, of course, I will be coming to you for words of wisdom and warning. HA!

No comments:

CKG playlist