As I sit here on my first REAL Friday night since arriving in Illinois, I have no plans. And surprisingly enough that is AWESOME! I only say such because I bought a new book today and I am enjoying the read. This may seem extremely dorky to many but for me…I need to work on me FIRST. This means enjoying some much need hot chocolate (laced with bailey’s) while curled up with my Yankees blanket (:-D), and reading.
As most of you know, I am working towards my degree in English/Literature with a focus on education and management. This will allow me to work in the field of education in most forms; from teacher to superintendant. After conducting a lot of research on where I want to go within and outside the Air Force, my major has changed. It is still within the same realm but a different focus. My new major is Marketing and Management with a double minor of Literature and Education.
I am excited at something new that will present more opportunities and doors for my future goals; both inside and outside the military. Personal circumstances have caused me to “pause” certain adventures and entertainment I want to do. This is my first step towards something amazing…the first of many steps yet to come.
I write all of this to inform those I care about and those that have been the best of friends of my new direction. There are more changes, excitement, adventure, and travel that will be throughout the next few months. Things are progressing “nicely” or as nicely as possible regarding my divorce. I wish I could say that I hate him but I don’t. What I do feel in regards to him is sadness; sad that he will never change and that I did not want to admit to such. It took five years of my life to realize that and I KNOW I will not make that mistake again. I have lost TOO much of myself and I am working on getting that back!
I also say all of this with a smile because there is a going away party about to commence for three outstanding individuals! Wish I could be there but know that I am there in spirit! Miss you all and see you in the future…do not know exactly when but it will happen!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment